In all things we give thanks!
As 2016 draws a curtain on another phase of our life, one can not but look back at the course of yet another fast year in the hustle and bustle of human life. It’s worth recalling a few facts, too many to recall of course. These are just some random few.
1. Trump was elected President! Obviously the most eyebrow-raising in 2016 for many
2. Having a leap year in 2016, we’ll have the next three Februaries with 28 days
3. A new saint in the Church! Mother Theresa was canonized a saint on September 4th, 2016!
4. Newest Paris global climate agreement: the US and China, together responsible for 40% of the world’s carbon emissions, both ratify the Paris global climate agreement!
5. Kind of scary: but Brexit happened! Might seem like a simple referendum, but the fate of so many was in the balance.
So ends its mortal life, 2016. Because and in spite of all these, depending from what angle we are looking at it, we give thanks for another year shriveling into oblivion and another blossoming in its awesome freshness.